100 Women 2 is a new Community of Women.
100 Women walking 100kms.
Each woman commits to raising $1000 for issues that directly affect women.
Collectively that is over $100,000 we will raise, as a community, for women’s issues.
And then repeat hence 100 Women 2.
‘When we invest in women and girls, we are investing in the people who invest in everyone else.’
- We want to build community and help women’s voices be heard.
- We want to support the rise of women in communities and increase connection. All good society is built around social cohesion.
- We want to support and highlight issues that relate to women.
- We want to create, not divide, the communities that we live in.
- We want to support, not reduce, funding to issues that affect women. We want to put money back into organizations that support women: organisations that are struggling to survive because of funding cuts.
- We want to raise the profile and voice of those that need our help.
- We want to walk to improve our fitness and have fun along the way.
- We want to make a difference and directly contribute to causes that we are passionate about.
- We want to support and showcase women leaders including everyday women leaders who are the backbone of their families and communities.
‘When we invest in women, we invest in a powerful source of global development.’
Can men help?
‘In order for us to advance as a safe more equitable society women also need the support of really good men.’
Mary C Dwyer
If you are in a position to support a women do so.
- Support a women to walk
- Donate to one of our campaigns
- Become a Corporate Sponsor or
- Help champion a corporate team.
Everyone, wins when our communities are healthy.
This has been a 10-year dream in the making.
My initial questioning centered around what to do next in my life? Motivational drivers included a love of walking, and a love for humanity, and also my deep despair at statistics that affect women in particular.
Other key questions were:
1. How do I mitigate the effects of increasingly divisive politics?
2. How can I leverage 30 years of business experience and my desire to do more?
3. How can I be an advocate for a stronger, vibrant and healthier society?
4. How can I be an advocate for peace?
Walk and bring people together to raise funds for issues that they care about and… here we are!
We have launched and it has a life of its own already.
And we welcome you. What would you like to walk for?
♦ 100 Women 2. Walking for Hobart Women’s Shelter
♦ 100 Women 2. Walking for Lismore Northern Rivers Women and Childrens Services.